Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Delicious Roasted Asparagus!




Supper was quick and oh so good!

Veggies with chicken breast.

I think you can figure out the different vegetables with the chicken breast... but

I wanted to share with you the way I prepared the asparagus...

I made a trip to Sprouts, the only real health food store in our area. (I'm not a health nut by any means, but for where I was in town, it was convenient.)

Sprouts had fresh asparagus for 99 cents a bunch. I bought two.

I "popped" the ends of one bunch and after washing and drying them I placed them in a large Zip-Lock bag. 

I poured olive oil over them and sprinkled sea salt and Beau Monde Seasoning in the bag and sort of "mushed" them around.

I turned the oven to 425 degrees and poured the asparagus onto a cookie sheet.

I roasted the asparagus for about 12 minutes.

Downright yummy! So glad I have one more bunch to cook.

I'm linking to Savvy Southern Style for
Wow Us Wednesdays!

4 comments:

Sonny G said...

sounds and looks delicious.
I'll be at whole foods thursday and pick up a few bunches and try your recipe.

Theresa said...

Looks delicious! I love asparagus and roast it quite frequently:) I will try it this way, thanks for sharing! Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I love roasted asparagus! And you got them for such a great price!
I hope you will join me for ON THE MENU MONDAY a menu and recipe link! My link goes up at 8:00 each Sunday night! Please join us and post this delicious recipe! YUMMY!
Yvonne

Lori E said...

Even my son is cooking his asparagus this way now. I love roasted veggies and usually sprinkle mine with balsamic vinegar while cooking. Mmmmm.