Breakfast at Las Cazuelitas...
fast food in Mexico!
(Hard to believe these pictures were taken just last Friday.)
My husband and son consider
the fastest and tastiest breakfast in
Tecoman, Colima, Mexico.
After my opportunity to "dine" there
this past week, I will agree...
it IS fast... and oh so tasty!
A typical breakfast at this popular establishment is
* jamaica - a sweet-tart tasting beverage made from the
the flower of the jamaica plant - which may look similar to a hibiscus flower
* horchata - a sweet rice water drink
* shredded cooked chicken, chilies, onion, tomatoes, and Mexican cream stirred into it after the first
ingredients are cooked
* shredded cooked chicken with cubed squash, tomatoes, onions, white shoe-peg corn all cooked together
* shredded cooked chicken, slivers of nopalitos (cactus), onion, tomatoes, shoe-peg corn
* cooked "chicharron" - pork skin, diluted tomato
sauce, slivers of cooked onion
Toppings for tacos
* chopped cilantro
* chopped white onion
* thin sliced radishes
* fresh limes for juice
These taco ingredients are served in thin corn tortillas made right there on the spot. They double the corn tortillas to add
a little more substance to the meal as well as to help hold
the ingredients inside.
Yes... Las Cazuelitas is fast,
but it is also
I'm linking to
WOW Us Wednesdays
At Savy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants
This is new to me... "Your Cozy Home Party"!
I'm so excited. Shannon just told me about it.
So here I go for the first time.
Come check it out.
It looks like a lot of fun and it's
my kinda place!
Check out Full Plate Thursday!!