Prosciutto Stuffed Dates
Dates (found in the produce section)
Parmesan Cheese –cut into slivers (see below)
Prosciutto de Parma – cut into strips (see below)
1. Place a date on a cutting board, then using a paring knife incise down the longitudinal axis to the level of the seed. Then, retract the edges if the date, and remove the seed. Toss out seed.
2. Insert a sliver of parmesan (about the length of the date and about 6-8 mm in diameter), then close the date back up.
3. Wrap the date in prosciutto (the width of prosciutto strips should be long enough to make 1-2 wraps around the date, while the length of the strip should equal the length of the date).
4. Refrigerate (we have done up to a day) until 15 minutes before serving time.
5. Preheat oven to 400°F.
6. Transfer wrapped dates to a cookie sheet.
7. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes.
Dr. Jennifer Peterson
The recipe above was created and written by
our daugther-in-law. I get a kick out of reading her method of writing the directions.
She spends much of her time in surgery,
so her choice for describing this delicious
treat... well, sounds a little "surgical".
And we are so proud of Jen!
All the Small Stuff
for Tuesdays at the Table