All set for a week in a hotel room in Tecoman
This may not look so interesting to you, but if you travel with your husband on a business trip to a smallish town in Mexico, these may be a few things that you will need:
- Servitoalla - paper towels
- Quaker Instant Cereal de Avena Fortificado - instant oatmeal
- Great Value Crema en polvo - Yes, you may recognize the Wal-Mart's answer to Coffee Mate
- Platanos - bananas
- Equate Quita Esmalte con Lavolina - nail polish remover because I will be so bored in this hotel room, I will have time to do my nails!
- Equate Gel Antibaterial - because even people in Mexico don't want the flu
- Marias Gamesa - my favorite plain vanilla cookie... that is great with coffee
- Folgers Coffee Packets - for the desperate coffee drinkers
- Heating element for a single cup of coffee because I just cannot handle Mexican coffee.. the only thing I could never adapt to.
- Plastic spoon, bowls and glasses
- Dawn for washing those coffee cups
So, see... that's all it takes. Most of these items were purchased at Bodega, which is owned by Wal-Mart.
And, yes... my trusty computer. Notice one of my favorite blogs White Spray Paint on the screen? So what more do I need????
Carmen in her clown costume - 2007
The reason why I am here in Tecoman is to give my almost six year old granddaughter and almost two year old grandson a Halloween party. This will be the fourth Halloween party we have hosted. It includes seven of Carmen and David's cousins in Mexico, plus their closest friends... and parents.
My husband is here for the party, of course, but he is also here on business. For my readers who have not read my earliest blog entries, we farm here in Mexico and lived here for three years to get this new reorganized company "reorganized".
If you are interested in life in a working town in Mexico, very different from the towns and politics you read about in the papers and see on the news, stick with me. I will show you something a little different.