Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall is in the air!

Fall is in the air
somewhere....

At least inside my home I can safely
pretend!
(We have 86 degree weather at 9 p.m.)



I love to use antler "sheds" as it truly
represents our lifestyle.


In my dried arrangements I have to love to use
some sparkle. It just gives some pazzazz
and life.


These pheasants are not indicative of deep
south Texas, but they called to me so much
that I actually bought the display pair as
the others had sold.


A little more dry and a little more sparkle!



Please take a few minutes to read about Katherine,
Laura's daughter. She will be running in the
Chicago Marathon in support of
a cure for Parkinson's Disease.
Laura writes "White Spray Paint".

 


I'm so excited to link to
The House in the Roses for
"Show Off Your Cottage".
You will love the entries!

10 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

It seems as though your weather is similar to ours. Our summers are long and warm and it is always such a relief when the cooler weather arrives!

Your Fall decorating is gorgeous. I sure hope that Autumn arrives soon for you!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow..looking at your photos, fall is on it's way to Texas! so very pretty..and I'm glad the antlers were "sheds" and the phesants ceramic (or were they metal?) either way, your arrangement, with all it's sparkle and "dry" is magazine quality!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very pretty. Great use with the pheasants.

Theresa said...

Love your Mantel and Laura's too:) Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Laura said...

Your mantel is gorgeous Karen-
those pheasants are amazing and thank you for the shout out!

Laura

Geneva said...

I love all the natural elements in your arrangement! Couldn't stop looking at all your photos...so pretty!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Gorgeous mantel, I love the pheasents and lantern, very nice fall decorations, with glitter and dry... our home is our paradise, we can make it whatever we want and hey, why not AUTUMN it is that time of the year, hope it gets there soon! Lots of hugs, FABBY
PS: How's your pretty quinceañera doing?

Toni said...

Here in GA it has finally started to cool down. Love your mantel, I would have bought the display phesants, too! I am on the hunt for phesant plates.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I am now following you back - have too since we have the same style. Be back later to enjoy your past posts.

Nancy's Notes said...

Karen, oh my heavens, your mantel is just sensational! I loved the way you arranged the pheasants and antlers, perfect!

Hugs,
Nancy

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Karen! I just stumbled onto your blog; and I am so glad I found you!! Love your fall mantel!! The mix of elements and textures is just stunning!! Just gorgeous! I'm a Texan, as well! I'm a newbie to blogging and your newest follower. I hope you will follow back! Many blessings to you!!