Monday, August 16, 2010

Toot Your Horn Tuesday -- My latest antics!

This is me - today!

Isn't this just lovely?? If you look very closely at the top of the arm... near the "ball" you can see a slight line running vertically. That is the break. I can see now why the doctor said a couple of times how fortunate I was that the break did not separate, thus requiring surgery. So, I will be laying low for a bit. Have had to cancel my trip to Austin... which is a huge disappointment to me. Why do they make slings so ugly and uncomfortable??



What happened was we went bowling with our church friends. I had not bowled in years. I didn't realize that the trend was to oil the lanes. Way too slippery for this very unathletic person. I slipped big time on the lane and landed on my shoulder. It's my right shoulder and thank goodness I am left-handed!



My husband is in Mexico on business until Saturday so I think I'm just going to vegetate for the week.



Is this what they call a "stay-cation" meaning to just lay low at home and do nothing?? No fun!

I'm linking over to
Toot Your Horn Tuesday
at A Silly Little Sparrow


12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Dang it! I am so sorry about that...I have 2 friends that have recently done the same thing! Let it heal...and I hope it does quickly! :D

Jennifer said...

Yikes! Rest and recover.

Loved your last posts. We just got home from TX, and I'm catching up on my blog reading!

Lori E said...

Oh no that is terrible, could be worse but still terrible.
Take it easy and accept any and all offers of help.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Ew..sorry! My hubs broke his coarbone last year so I kno whow painful this type of thing can be..rest, recouperate and relax!

Rita said...

I am so sorry to hear of your accident. That's no fun, but enjoy your peace and quiet while you can!

Theresa said...

Bless your sweet little pea-picking heart! I am sorry you fell and that you had to cancel your trip!

Rest and enjoy your vegging my friend, lay around and find a good helper to bring you grapes and wave a big fan! If you need me yell:)

HUGS!

Pam Kessler said...

Oh no! Wow, at least you have a good story to tell about how it happened.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Awwwww darlin' !!!!!!!!! Take it verrrrry easy and heal up soon.

(())

Celestial Charms said...

So sorry to hear about your mishap. Gosh, last month I was couch ridden with a slightly dislocated sacroiliac joint, which caused major pain from my lower back down to my knee. The pain was worse than labor. So I can relate to having to rest. Heck, I couldn't move. I chose to use the time to watch old movies and catch up on reading. I hope you heal real soon.
Maureen

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Karen, you poor sweetie! I am sure you are in such pain. Take care of yourself and try and relax...ahem, knowing you, that is hard to do!

Hugs!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey. That looks pretty painful. Take care and stay off the computer as it's not good for arms and shoulders one iota!

Di

Pamela said...

OMG I hope you are feeling better soon!