Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa - this one is enough to scare anyone!!


Santa - 1954

It's a wonder we were all tramatized by this Santa. When we would spend Christmas with my maternal grandparents, "Jean" and "Gumpy", we would be treated by a visit from Santa himself. This Santa suit dated back to the 1920's. The mask was incredibly bizarre! I remember getting so caught up in the moment of his arrival that it was perfectly okay with me that Santa either wore my grandfather's Aggie ring or my uncle's Tulane ring. What a cooincidence! In later years one of my brothers would dress in the same costume and entertain my oldest son and youngest brother. Great memories!

1 comment:

Lori E said...

Did none of you notice Santa was pregnant? No?
I think I may have nightmares myself tonight. Thanks for that.