Friday, December 18, 2009

My First Christmas Cloche



My First Christmas Cloche

This is not as fancy as some I have seen, but it was a tricky one to do and I'm pleased. Wish this picture would show the glow from the glass balls. They are very, very heavy. I bought them in Tlaquepaque, Mexico, a "suburb" of Guadalajara. I had to hold my breath when I turned the glass cloche over with those heavy balls. I was worried the dome would crack. They are placed on a Mexican pewter cake stand.

Are you having a hard time calling it "quits" on the decorating and cooking? I keep seeing one more thing I could do. I have to stop that!

It's an unusual holiday time for us. My husband is at our business in Mexico right now and will hopefully be home on Wednesday. Just one of those things! I am definitely getting more done than if he was here, but I sure do miss him. Lucky man though... he is attending our granddaughter's Christmas program in Mexico, where our son and his family live. Hopefully I will have a picture to post at some point.

2 comments:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Karen.....that would have scared me too! YIKES....it's such a beautiful cloche... :-) I love the way you've done it up....

Warm Christmas blessings,
Spencer

Lori E said...

Next time you could use some of the candle stick-um or some double sided tape to create your cloche display on the base and then just put the top on it.
At least I think this would work. I have never done one.