Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bathtime....

Bath time had to be an orderly procession of family members since we were a family of six. My sister, 18 months younger, a brother, 7 years younger and another brother, 15 years younger. I suspect the youngest was about four when one of the funniest events happened in our family.
Everyone was either reading, watching television, working on homework or doing chores. My youngest brother was splashing in the tub, as usual. I'm sure he was told at least twice to stop, however, he had a very vivid imagination and he was probably acting out a scene from one of his favorite shows, "Speedracer" or "The Rifleman". He got out of the tub, wrapped himself tightly in his towel and ran to his room. Once in there he yelled in the loudest voice possible, "Behold, the naked man of 1966!" You absolutely could have heard a pin drop in our home. Then slowly muffled sounds of laughter and a little snickering started up. Where in the world had this little boy heard such a proclamation?? We still kid my brother about this. And actually it was one of the funniest events of my teen years. I laugh out loud every time I think of it!

No comments: