Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Oriental Chicken Salad with Todd and the Colonel



Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad? Yummmm! But instead of running to Applebee’s I learned long ago to use Todd Wilbur’s Top Secret Recipes knock-off recipe instead. AND now I’ve recruited the Colonel to help out as well. That is the KFC Colonel.

I know you can Google Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad and get the “original knock-off” recipe, so what I’m sharing with you is my version.. through years of practice.
Enjoy!


My Oriental Chicken Salad


With Todd and the Colonel’s help…

Dressing:



I always triple this recipe because I make enough salad for two-three meals
3 Tbsp. honey
1 ½ Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
¼ c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. sesame oil – small amount but it does make a difference


Salad:

I triple this too!

3 c. chopped romaine lettuce
1 c. chopped red cabbage
1 c. chopped Napa cabbage
½ carrot, julienned or shredded
1 green onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. sliced almonds - or more
1/3 c. crispy chow mein noodles

Chicken:

½ Original Spice KFC Chicken breast
We remove the skin and crust, but you can leave it if you prefer.



Bon Appetit, Y'all!

I'm linking to
Savy Southern Style

&

Designs by Gollum
for Foodie Friday






11 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh this sounds delicious. I have always wanted this recipe.

Thank you Miss Karen!

Your Neighbor.

Theresa said...

Thanks for the recipe! YUMMY! I will be making this! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Jordan@the2seasons said...

Oh this is exciting. Thanks for sharing and now I am going to google some other restaurant foods I love!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

That sounds delicious. Now I'm hungry and have to go to the kitchen to see how much of that I can replicate with what I have on hand!

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Desire Empire said...

Looks fabulous. I adore this kind of food light fresh and healthy.
Thanks so much for the blog love. Appreciate it
Carolyn

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, I'm so lucky, I was going to have chicken salad for lunch and so I am going to make yours with that delish dressing! Thanks for your wonderful and kind visit. Enjoy your day.
FABBY

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Karen, This is great~ I am a big fan of Applebees Oriental Chicken!
Thanks!!!! Your version looks just scrumptious!

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Karen, I just love that salad! Thanks for the recipe!

Hugs!

Your other, sort of, close neighbor!

Nancy

mississippi artist said...

Thanks for following and the nice compliments. This chicken salad sounds amazing-the little touch of seame oil-wow!I am now following.

D @ The Shady Porch said...

We love salad at our house and I look forward to trying your dressing! Nothing better on a hot day than a cool crisp salad for dinner!

Me And My Sweets said...

Yummie! I just found your blog on Foodie Friday. I'll host my own party every month called My Sweet Party and I would love you to join. Please visit my blog for mor info.

http://meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-sweet-party-chocolate-cake-love.html

Have a nice day!

Johanna