I enjoy making cloche displays... especially when they contain a few family heirlooms. Unfortunately the metal shoe doesn't show up very well in these pictures. It was really my inspiration for my theme. Lace would have been nice however I didn't have any.
The cloche contains:
* "Pearls" ( water pearls?) from a recent visit to Mexico
* A silver "threader" (I hope you will correct me if I am wrong) belonged to my great-grandmother. An "R" is engraved on it for "Rosa".
* The little Moon and Star toothpick holder is the same pattern of glass that my paternal grandmother collected.
* The hat pins also belonged to my great-grandmother, Rosa.
* The little birds were given to me by a dear friend.
Link to these great blogs for some real fun!