Wednesday, April 13, 2011

White is everything!



White Wednesday

White is a color I truly respect.
I want it glaring and shiny.
I want it clean and pristene.
I want it crisp and starched.

I want it in my home.

I want to wear it.

I want to smell white sheets, towels, clothes
fresh from the clothesline.

I want to taste it:
fresh bread from the oven
white frosting on a white cake
white sea salt
white meringue on my dear friend's pie

I want to rejoice in the white parts of our lives
and look for the white in the dark parts.

I want to hear the coo of a white dove

I will cherish the white birds in a nest from a sweet, close friend

Yes... white is everything!

Evjoying my brown transferware on white and
joining Faded Charm for
White Wednesday!

http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/
Come have a "look-see"!

6 comments:

Arabella said...

Beautiful post and blog!! Happy White Wednesday to you :O)

VS said...

LOVE your white & being able to join you in your white dreams..
transferware is one of my FAVORITES!!!
I'm a Keeper of Quotes & you have some wonderful ones here...I have always loved that line from 'Out of Africa'. If you enjoyed that book, you would also love 'West with the Night' by Beryl Markham if you haven't read it...I ADORE that book!
Happy White Wednesday Friend,
Susie

Laura said...

Your dishes are wonderful!
Enjoyed visiting-
face to face and otherwise!

Your neighbor.

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

I Love your beautiful collage of White Treasures......

Rita said...

I love, love white dishes. If you have white dishes, you can put anything and any color with them and have a change for your table. Beautiful whites and beautiful post! Love it!

mercedes scott said...

Karen, what lovely transferware you have! I have a few pieces myself; but they are getting harder to find at reasonable prices. I really enjoyed my visit to your beautiful blog... and thank you for stopping by mine. Happy White Wednesday! :)