Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas 1957

This was just one of those Christmases that as a child you just do not forget. We were at my maternal grandparents' home in Texas. I'm sure it was Christmas Eve. What I am holding up there is a REAL bottle of finger nail polish! You would have thought I was holding a beautiful piece of jewelry, but that would be in later years.
My uncle dressed up like Santa in a vintage costume. That's my mother in the beautiful skirt and black sweater. My dear little Aunt Mary Anne, seated in the chair, my little brother, Clay, who was about three at the time were all enjoying some wonderful surprises. My sister, Anne, in the red pajamas was patiently waiting her turn to receive a gift. This is just one of those very special moments in childhood that has stayed with me.

1 comment:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Oh Karen, this is a wonderful treasure of a photo! I love it. The house looks wonderful and your Mother
looks beautiful!