Monday, November 8, 2010

Tuesdays at the Table -- for a little Texas BBQ! Yee-haw!!

We met up with our middle son in Houston a week ago Saturday. He had just driven in after living in La Jolla, California for a little over a year. Well... as any red-blooded Texas man would... he headed for the first barbecue place he could... Goode BBQ!
Daren chose sliced, smoked turkey, jalapeno/cheese bread
and cole slaw.

I chose pork ribs, cole slaw and dirty rice.

My husband chose smoked duck, brisket,
cole slaw and the jalapeno/cheese bread.

Here is a close-up of Daren's plate.

The food was excellent!!


Check out All the Small Stuff
for
Tuesdays at the Table!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

You lucky texans! Gotta go I'm hungry now....nice looking son Karen I was waiting for the picture with all the BBQ on his face!

Julie Harward said...

It does look so good! He looks so trim to be eating like that, it would make me fat! LOL

Unknown said...

Oh, YUM!! I am sure he missed Texas but if you have to be stuck outside of Texas, La Jolla isn't too shabby :)

Blessings!
Gail--> orginally a So. CA girl

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I know he was happy to be back in Texas!
When we lived in Ca. we used to go to Clay's Texas BarBQue in LaJolla...sadly they closed in 1992 or your son might not have come back LOL.
((())

Theresa said...

Looks YUMMY! I love BBQ! Your Son is so handsome and I know you are thankful to have him home:) Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

Pam Kessler said...

Wow, that all looks so yummy. And the serving sizes aren't small in Texas I guess.

Deb said...

no better place for BBQ than Texas..

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, YUM, Karen! I was already feeling hungry....now I'm positively starving! I don't usually crave BBQ this early in the morning!

Hope you have a wonderful day, my friend!

Julie

Celestial Charms said...

Oh yummy! Makes me want to run out the door, and head into town right about now. It is lunchtime, and we have so many BBQ places in my area. Funny, I hardly ever go into them, but you have me hankering for some smoked Turkey!
Maureen

Rita said...

Sounds wonderful! We are going to eat BBQ this weekend with my best friend. Am so looking forward to it. Texas has the best BBQ going! Can you tell I'm from Texas? Ha!

Pamela said...

How nice that you got to spend time with your son! We will have to check that place out. We have yet to find a place that has brisket that just melts in your mouth. MOst everybody's is chewy.