Monday, September 6, 2010

It's Toot Your Horn Tuesday - And what a birthday it was!!


My birthday cake - made of flowers!

I entered my 63rd year on September 2nd...
and what a day of fun it was!
Two dear friends from my prayer group took
me to breakfast at a local place that serve
delicious breakfasts... with singing chefs!
They sang "Las Mananitas"...
the traditional birthday song in Mexico.
I met with my two sisters-in-law who both
have birthdays within two weeks of mine.
We meet annually to celebrate our "advancing"
year and to share a little fun gift for each other.
The day seemed to go on and on and lots of
great visiting.
That evening my husband and son took me
to El Divino, a tapas style restaurant.
I wish the pictures did justice to the food,
but here goes...
(Would be you believe there was no moaning and groaning as I took
pictures of the food??!! )


Shrimp Tacos



Grilled Asparagus



Tuna Sashimi



and my favorite...
Scallops Wrapped in Bacon

What a fun day...
(I think I gained a few pounds AND a year!)


Toot Your Horn Tuesday

A Silly Little Sparrow


http://www.sillylittlesparrow.com/


10 comments:

Nana said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like a wonderful day and, after looking at your post I AM starving!

Melissa Miller said...

Happy Birthday Karen!

What a divine looking dinner! Yum! It sounds like a wonderful day.

Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Hearts Turned said...

Sounds like your birthday was a wonderful one, Karen! I LOVE Mexican food--and your photos of the food looks mouth-wateringly fabulous!

Thanks for sharing your special day...

Julie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Well happy happy ! and it sounds like it was too.
My Sweetie was born on Cinco de Mayo so when we lived in Sad Diego he would eat for free allll day long :))
Love your flower cake.
(())
Francie

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday!!!! Lot of love and hugs, Jen

Theresa said...

YUMMMMM, sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday with lots of good food and fellowship! I hope your arm is feeling better with each passing day!

Hugs and Happy Tuesday!

Celestial Charms said...

Happy Birthday Karen. The food looks amazing, must be one great restaurant. Your cake, so unique and special...just like you! I'm so happy you enjoyed your birthday.
Maureen

Kathy said...

That is the cutest cake, what a lovely time, Happy Birthday Karen!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Happy Birthday Karen!
Oh that food does look just wonderful!
I think your pics did it justice, I am starved now!
Hugs,
Cindy

Julie Harward said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love the cake and all the food looks so delicious! Sounds like you had a great day! :D