Saturday, May 9, 2009

To my mother

Tomorrow my mother will spend her first Mother's Day in heaven. If I know my mother, she is organizing a delightful dinner for other mothers who have made the ultimate journey. Always thinking about how she could help others or just make someone's day a little better, she has had the dinner organized for some time. We always joked that if we told our mother we were coming for a visit, within a few short minutes she could have menus planned for a full weekend. She always said that the best sound she could hear were the voices of all her children under one roof. I know exactly what she means. That would be a symphony for me, Mother. Like most of us in the family, my children are spread out here and yon. I will miss you tomorrow a little more than other days, but everyday I pray prayers of thanks that you are still my mother that you and Daddy are together. Happy Mother's Day, Mother.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs from your Goddaughter and Grand Goddaughters! =)

Nancy's Notes said...

Dear Karen,

Oh I know your mother is the grandest hostess in heaven, no doubt! Your sweet mother was a shining example to us as young mothers, what a wonderful woman! I am proud to have known her and treasure the times that I was around her and your great family. Your mother was life, love and joy every day!

Love,
Nancy